Friday 24 October 2008

A Quick Look At wiL Francis

Now I've never been a fan of Aiden, that whole 'emo' scene wasn't really my thing. A lot of similar bands came out at the same time and they just didn't appeal to me, but each to their own and all that. However whilst flicking through this weeks issue of Kerrang! magazine it seems Mr. Francis has gone solo! Not really a big deal I suppose but I was always under the impression that lead singers from bands leave to do solo projects if the band starts to fail, but I've heard no word of this.

Nevertheless this little rant isn't about Aiden or their current status, it's about how wiL Francis has a cigarette in his hand in every single picture promoting his new album. Now I'm not ranting about him smoking as I smoke myself, it's about how he's doing it just to look 'cool'. I feel as though I can say this as I smoke, but smoking doesn't make you look cool. Anyone that smokes will tell you that, it might make you look 'hard' in front of your friends at school but not any more.

Here is what I believe to be the cover of his album Hate Culture. I found it on his myspace page and yet again he is smoking to look cool in front of his fans - and this bit is what started the rant. I smoke anywhere from 5 to 20 cigarettes a day depending on what I'm doing (which I'm OK with) but I hate seeing other people being peer pressured into smoking, it really angers me for some reason. Now if you are a fan of Aiden/wiL Francis/William Control you will more than likely be aged 13-16 and highly impressionable. So if you really like wiL and his music and see pictures of him smoking EVERYWHERE then chances are you will start yourself.

So well done Mr. Francis, in a vain attempt to look 'cool' you could in fact influence your fans to start smoking, congratulations!

Picture Reference: myspace.com/williamcontrol

1 comment:

lettherightonein said...

HOLY POOP. YOU'RE MENTIONED IN THE AP PODCAST WITH WIL! HAHA